Intellectual Property & Code of Ethics
AUTHORSHIP & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Co-authorship by and acknowledgement of YCMD scientists should be attributed using the same standards that would be applied to any other scientific collaborator. As YCMD underwrites at least 50% of the costs of all activities performed in the Center for the Yale community, we request that YCMD be specifically acknowledged in publications describing the results of screens conducted or chemistry work done with the center and as a source of financial support.
For research that leads to patent filings, any assignment of inventorship will be determined by the Office of Cooperative Research and be consistent with Yale University policy.
CODE OF ETHICS & OBLIGATIONS
- Educate employees, students, and professionals to follow responsible research practice, consistent with the highest ethical standards.
- Approach professional activities with an unbiased attitude, gathering evidence fairly and precisely.
- Act responsibly towards colleagues, institutional, government, corporate sponsors and the public at large. We will build public trust through accountability.
- Treat colleagues and researchers with respect and courtesy, based on principles of equality and mutual respect for those with differing views. We will share ideas honestly, giving proper credit for others’ contributions to their work.
- Respect the confidential nature of all information entrusted to them. All information gathered will be the sole property of the partner and will not be shared or discussed with anyone outside YCMD except for the partner and those designated by the partner.
- Maintain confidentiality in creating, storing, accessing, transferring, and disposing of data